Welcome to our monthly news roundup for Businesses and Homeowners across the North and beyond.
The Value of a Maintenance Contract …
A good number of customers have maintenance contracts with us simply because they’re worth it. We are genuinely disappointed when people call following a system or camera failure and valuable footage has not been recorded. Unfortunately a system can’t be left for years and be expected to run perfectly 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Even though you may not be able to connect doesn’t necessarily mean that your system isn’t recording but a tell-tale sign that something is wrong is when you see “Video lost”. This means there is a problem with the camera, power or cabling and it is not recording. Or you may see a warning sign saying “Recorder feature disabled” in the viewing software meaning there is no recording at all !
Please call us as soon as you have a problem.
With a maintenance contract we provide a priority service; a rapid response to telephone requests for help with downloading recordings, loading software to new PCs and smartphones, re-configuring existing systems when you change internet providers or broadband routers. If necessary loan equipment is free of charge whilst your kit is being repaired.
In addition to any problems being found and sorted a maintenance visit typically includes:
- Camera operation check – focus and position
- Image quality confirmation check - day and night (low light and infra-red)
- Recorder operation check
- Clean each camera, confirm view and treat with spider repellent
- Confirm recording resolutions adequate for each camera
- Confirm Internet connectivity is operational
- Upgrade recorder firmware/software to latest available release
- General visible check of cabling and connectors
- Confirm customer fully instructed on the use of system
- Confirm warning signs adequate where applicable
Whatever the CCTV need you can be sure that LiveView can help.